Siamese cats are a wonderful breed to have in your home
They’re great with children, don’t typically scratch people or furniture, aren’t known for chewing electrical cords or other household items and are a beautiful animal to showcase to your friends and guests. When making the decision to purchase one, you need to ask different Siamese cat breeders a few questions, to make sure you’re making a good investments, rather than buying problems for yourself.
- Ask for references. Most people don’t buy an exotic breed of animal, without research and your best research hear will be to ask Siamese cat breeders for references from past and current customers. If the breeder seems put off by your request, or needs time to get them together — be wary. Most breeders will be ready for the request and will have a list readily available for you, and other potential customers.
- Ask to see the cat’s certification and/or the parent’s certification. Most health problems are hereditary and if Siamese cat breeders don’t have the paperwork to prove the cat’s family history: You may be looking at expensive health complications in the future.
- Ask about guarantees. A quality breeder, who cares about their reputation will offer you a guarantee that the cat will be free of hereditary illnesses. Considering that you’re paying well for a special breed of feline, rather than picking one up at the animal shelter — a guarantee should be a must unless you’re receiving a considerable discount.
- Ask about what treatments that the cat has had. All kittens need to be de-wormed and receive their scheduled vaccinations. Any good Siamese cat breeders will already be ahead of the required vaccination schedules.
- Ask about recommendations for taking care of your new cat. A knowledgeable breeder will be able to quickly educate you on how to care for your cat and will offer themselves as a resource for information throughout the course of your cat’s life.